The Prairie Meadows Community Outreach Program offers non-profit organizations the opportunity to participate on-site at the Des Moines Arts Festival and to share their mission to thousands of guests. There is no cost to non-profit organizations for the on-site space thanks to a generous grant from Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino. To participate, non-profit organizations provide an on-site interactive arts-related activity, as well as staff to manage the booth during the length of the Festival. The non-profit organization is permitted to display signage and distribute information within the area. All non-profit organization spaces are part of the Festival’s “Creative Zone”, located on Grand Avenue, West of 15th Street. The Creative Zone also features booths with activities from Prairie Meadows, WHO-HD and others.
The Festival will provide:
- One 10’ x 10’ tented space
- A banner displaying your non-profit organization’s name and logo
- Two 8’ skirted tables and two chairs
- Interior tent lighting
- NEW FOR 2019: on-site storage unit for overnight storage of organization materials
Non-Profit Organizations will provide:
- An interactive arts-related activity
- Staff to manage and run the booth for the duration of the Festival.
- Costs associated with the activity and staffing.
- No merchandise, novelties, food, or drink sales are permitted.
- No tipping is permitted.
- Organizations of political affiliation and messaging will not be accepted.
- Raffling or distributing of merchandise is restricted and require written approval.
- Non-profit organizations are encouraged to solicit memberships and hand out promotional literature and educational materials.
- All interactive activities must be pre-approved by the Festival.
- All performances must be pre-approved by the Festival.
- Non-profit organizations are responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly tent during all Festival hours. Any damage done to the tent, table, or chairs will be the responsibility of your non-profit organization.
- Organizations must leave their space completely free of all trash at the conclusion of the Festival.
- Non-profit organizations must enter into a contract with the Festival.
- Non-profit organization must provide a valid Certificate of Insurance.
- Non-profit organizations and their employees/volunteers must abide by the rules and policies of the Festival.
- Booths are required to be open and attended at all times during the following hours, rain or shine. Failure to do so will result in denial of future participation. New for 2019: Creative Zone will close at 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Friday, June 28 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, June 29 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 30 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Festival remains open until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Notifications will be sent out by Friday, April 26, 2019.
For questions and assistance, please contact:
Isabelle ArmstrongPlease complete the following to access the Community Outreach Application: